- January 29, 2018
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
TICKETS AVAILABLE HERE:
GDPR for Bloggers and Small Businesses
An update to GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) will be enforced from May 2018 and will impact your blog or business if you send out newsletters or electronic marketing. Kirsty will shed light on how this will impact your business and how you can ensure compliance with updated legislation.
About the speaker
Kirsty is a solicitor at Swan Craig Solicitors with many years’ experience providing both legal and practical advice on all areas of employment law and commercial law. Kirsty’s commercial law specialism includes advising on data protection (including the GDPR) and assisting clients with complaints raised with the Information Commissioners Office. Kirsty regularly provides seminars on updates in employment and commercial law, seeking to turn dry legal updates into fun and interesting talks.
What the talk will cover
– What is this GDPR that you’ve been hearing about
– Why you need to pay attention to GDPR and how it will affect you as a small business or blogger who sends electronic marketing and newsletters
– How you can get your blog or business ready for GDPR
Who is this talk for?
– Bloggers and small businesses who have a mailing list or use electronic marketing and want to ensure they are compliant with current legislation.
Format of the session
– 6pm arrive and time for a drink and networking before the talk starts
– 6.30-7.30pm Presentation with time for questions at the end
– 7.30-8pm drinks and networking with time to speak to Kirsty after the talk
– 8pm – our session ends but you are welcome to stay longer for a drink or to network with other attendees
– Drinks are available to purchase from the Square Club Bar and food from the Square Kitchen.