- March 6, 2018
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
TICKETS AVAILABLE HERE:
How to get more work as a writer
The talk will cover how bloggers and writers can pitch to get more paid writing work and even turn their ideas into a book deal.
What the talk will cover
– How to use your skills as a blogger to get into journalism
– How to successfully pitch to magazine and newspaper editors
– How to make a living as a freelance writer
– An introduction to turning a blog concept into a book deal
About the speaker
Sian Anna Lewis is an award-winning travel and outdoors journalist, presenter and blogger who writes for titles such as The Independent, Evening Standard, BBC Countryfile, Coast, Outdoor Enthusiast and Sunday Times Travel. Her work as an adventurous writer has taken her around the world in the name of a good story and her blog, The Girl Outdoors is all about championing easy adventures that beginners can try. Her first book, The Girl Outdoors, is out in April this year, published by Bloomsbury.
Who is this talk for?
– Bloggers who want to develop more paid writing work
– Writers who want to learn how to pitch their skills effectively.
Format of the session
– 6pm arrive and time for a drink and networking before the talk starts
– 6.30-7.30pm Presentation with time for questions at the end
– 7.30-8pm drinks and networking with time to speak to Sian after the talk
– 8pm – our session ends but you are welcome to stay longer for a drink or to network with other attendees
– Drinks are available to purchase from the Square Club Bar and food from the Square Kitchen